The Best Black Beans!
We make these often to go inside tacos or as a side with other Southwestern style dinners. They kids love them and so do we, so we keep making them!
You will need:
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 of an onion (or a few shallots) diced small
- 1/2 can of beer (6 oz)
- garlic powder 1-2 tsp
- cumin powder 1 tsp
- a dash of turmeric
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium size sauce pan
- sauté onion/shallots in sauce pan until soft and slightly brown
- Add spices to the onions and mix
- Add the rinsed black beans
- Add the beer
- Let the beer simmer and cook down
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I usually add a dash more cumin and garlic at this point also)
- Let them cook until they are soft and look like the photo below
- Remove from heat and serve
We love these beans! They are so easy to whip up and they add protein to any meal. I cannot overstate how easy and delicious they are.
Below we made them with my Carnitas Taco Bake. The kids LOVE them.